Use Group 14 NYC Commercial Zoning
The NYC Zoning Resolution has Use Groups to categorize buildings based on their use. NYC Zoning Use Group 14 is mostly boating related uses.
Zoning NYC Use Group 14
Certificate Of Occupancy for Use Group 14
Use Groups are listed on the Certificate Of Occupancy for a building. Use Group 14 has three categories. A Certificate Of Occupancy or CO for Use Group 14 would identify the use of spaces as:
Use Group 14A Boating Related Retail and Services
Use Group 14A consists of certain retail and service uses.
- Bicycle rental or repair
- Bicycle sales
- Boat fuel sales within 10 feet of a boat dock berth
- Boat launching facilities for non-commercial pleasure boats
- Boat rentals
- Boat showrooms or sales, up to boats less than 100 feet in length
- Boat storage, repair, or painting, up to boats less than 100 feet in length
- Candy or ice cream stores
- Docks for ferries, other than gambling vessels up to 150 passengers per half hour
- Docks for sightseeing, excursion or sport fishing vessels
- Docks or mooring facilities for non-commercial pleasure boats
- Fishing tackle or equipment, rental or sales
- Sale or rental of sporting goods or equipment, including instruction in skiing, sailing or skin diving
Use Group 14B Retail
Use Group 14B consists clubs
- Non-commercial clubs
Use Group 14C
Use Group 14C is for accessory uses to the other uses in Group 14.
Where Can You Build Use Group 14 in NYC?
Commercial Zoning Districts
You can develop Use Group 14 in certain commercial districts in NYC:
- C2 Local Service
- C3 Waterfront Recreation
- C7 Commercial Amusement
- C8 General Service
Manufacturing Zoning Districts
Manufacturing Zones allow for Use Group 14
NYC Zoning Use Group 14
As an architect I study Zoning Codes closely, but these are complicated and quite involved issues. In this article we reviewed some of the basic concepts with regards to the NYC Zoning Use Group 14. This post does not assume to cover every possible issue or condition, but provide a general overview of the topic.
Thank you for reading our blog post on Use Group 14 in the NYC Zoning Code.
I hope this was helpful. Please leave questions and comments below. If you would like to speak with an architect you can Contact Fontan Architecture directly.
Author Jorge Fontan AIA
This post was written by Jorge Fontan, a Registered Architect and owner of Fontan Architecture.